Egg consumption – just one a day or more – is associated with increase risk of:
- heart disease
- early death
Egg whites are not health foods either. The problem with eggs is not only with the yolk which contains the saturated fat and dietary cholesterol. Egg whites are a concentrated source of animal protein which increases IGF-1 in the body and significantly increases your changes of developing cancer.
Free Range and Organic Eggs Are Not Cruelty-Free Nor Healthy
One of the myths of the egg industry is that free-range or organic eggs are not cruelty-free and somehow healthier. Don’t fall for the marketing smoke and mirror, these eggs are still loaded with saturated fat, cholesterol and animal protein which increase IGF-1.
Who Says Eggs Aren’t Healthy or Safe?
Freedom of Information Act documents reveal that the U.S. Department of Agriculture warned the egg industry that saying eggs are nutritious or safe may violate rules against false and misleading advertising.
* * *
Egg Cholesterol in the Diet
Cardiology experts warn that eating even a single egg a day may exceed the safe upper limit for cholesterol intake.
* * * * *
Whose Health Unaffected by Eggs
* * * * **
Chicken, eggs, and inflammation
* * * * * * *
- Videos about eggs on NutritionFacts.org
- Eggs Are For Easter by Dr. John McDougall, MD
- Comparing eggs to cigarettes by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
- Eggs and poultry with skin double prostate cancer recurrence risk by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- What’s Wrong with Eggs? By Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.
- Lurking Beneath the Shell: Health Concerns with Eggs by PCRM
- Modern-Day Nazis by Steve Pavlina