Egg consumption – just one a day or more – is associated with increase risk of:
- heart disease
- early death
Egg whites are not health foods either. The problem with eggs is not only with the yolk which contains the saturated fat and dietary cholesterol. Egg whites are a concentrated source of animal protein which increases IGF-1 in the body and significantly increases your changes of developing cancer.
Egg Cholesterol in the Diet by Dr. Michael Greger, MD
Cardiology experts warn that eating even a single egg a day may exceed the safe upper limit for cholesterol intake.
* * * * * *
Whose Health Unaffected by Eggs by Dr. Michael Greger, MD
* * * * **
Chicken, eggs, and inflammation by Dr. Michael Greger, MD
* * * * * * *
- Videos about eggs on NutritionFacts.org
- Eggs and poultry with skin double prostate cancer recurrence risk by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eggs Are For Easter by Dr. John McDougall, MD
- The Hard-Boiled Truth: Salmonella and Eggs by Dr. Michael Greger, MD
- Comparing eggs to cigarettes by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
- What’s Wrong with Eggs? By Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.